Looking for a Stress-Free Sedated MRI?
Here’s what you need to know about this service at Mountain Point Medical Center:
- Let your health care team know in advance that you would like sedation during your imaging procedure.
- Before coming in, arrange for a ride home after the MRI.
- Please be aware that we can obtain prior authorization for MRI if needed.
Call (385) 345-3512 to schedule your MRI with conscious sedation.
Your safety is our priority. Please talk to your doctor about your health history, as well as any medications you are currently taking. In order to evaluate your eligibility for sedation during MRI, it is especially important for your physician to know if you:
- Are pregnant
- Have any allergies to medications
- Have addiction or substance abuse issues
- Have a chronic illness
- Have a breathing disorder
- Have kidney or liver disease
As no medication is without side effects, you may wish to talk to your doctor about other options to help you relax during your MRI. These may include headphones for listening to music, blankets, or having a friend or family member with you.